Owner Matthew Tolhurst started the company in 1990, after qualifying at The Berkshire College of Agriculture, and he's been designing, building and maintaining gardens since then.
Over this time, Matthew Tolhurst Landscape Gardener has grown to become an established local landscaping company with a strong reputation for quality, workmanship and a friendly professional customer service.
With over 20 years experience in both horticulture and hard landscaping, we offer a complete range of services, from garden design and maintenance to plant supply, land management and construction work. Our clients are private home owners as well as land owners and trade customers, and our projects include small and large family gardens, estate gardens and commercial grounds.
This is how we work:
- we always undertake a free no obligation initial consultation and site survey
- we provide free accurate written quotes, for every job
- our complete design to construction service means we can take care of the whole project, avoiding you the inconvenience and added costs of having to deal with different companies
- all our building work is carried out in-house, and is guaranteed to meet or exceed all relevant regulations and standards for the industry
- we are fully insured and adhere to strict health and safety policies
- we are happy to supply local references
From our base in Chalgrove we serve the Chilterns and the Thames Valley from Reading to Oxford, including Thame, Wallingford, Marlow, Henley-on-Thames, Pangbourne and surrounding areas. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions and if you'd like to know if we travel to your location.